Join a Volunteer Team to India
Can you give a hug? Can you smile?
If you’ve answered “yes” to either question then you are qualified to apply to join a team!
On a team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet our amazing indigenous partners
- Serve the poorest of the poor
- Use your skills. All are welcome and medical professionals are encouraged.
Only teams from the USA are being formed at this time.
- Dates for next team: Summer 2017
Form your own team!
You need at least four team members and India Partners will work with you and our partners to create a unique itinerary. Contact us to inquire about forming a team today!
If you would like to subscribe to our Team Interest email list, click here and let us know you are interested in being notified of upcoming teams.
Help Send Teams to India
If you are unable to go on a team yourself but would like to contribute to the team, then click here to support their efforts. Thank you.
How to Get More Information
Please contact us and let us know you are interested. We’ll answer your questions, send you an application and start the process! Call us toll-free at 877-874-6342.
Frequently Asked Questions
- It is a way to join with other volunteers to travel to and serve those in need in India. It is a way to share the love of God and “love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Each team is specifically tailored to make use of the skills and gifts that you have to offer. You will travel to India Partners’ project sites to work and minister along with our local partners. The teams assist indigenous “rice-roots” agencies that live and serve their local villages and communities. These communities include orphanages, schools, rural Dalit (untouchable) villages, red-light districts, and tribal areas.
- Past teams have conducted dental clinics, general medical clinics, first aid/CPR training, physical therapy, community health education, pediatrics, computer training, playground construction, tsunami home construction, children’s ministry, reading glass clinics, project planning, staff trainings, agriculture and aquaculture, prayer, worship, and even just general visit and encouragement trips to learn more about the needs with the hopes of helping in some way as yet undetermined.
- India Partners has been sending volunteer teams to India since 1992.
- Each team member is responsible for their team fee. At this time, team fees are $3,000 plus airfare at the time of booking.
- Some team members choose to pay for their fees out of their pocket, while others may need to raise support from family, friends, and their church.
- The inclusive fee covers items such as:
- In-country transportation (train, vans, etc.)
- Food and lodging
- India Partners also provides an experienced team leader/guide, pre-trip training and education, help in getting Indian visas, logistical planning, project site arrangements, and if needed, procurement of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals for medical/dental teams.
- The most common reason someone says they cannot go is money. Before you discount this opportunity because of money, please talk to us! We can help you with fundraising ideas.
- If God is calling you to go, He will make a way. So before you say “it’s too much, I can’t afford it” let us pray with you and share some of our ideas and miracle fundraising stories.
- Our teams usually travel October – March, so as to avoid the monsoon season (Aug – Oct) and the hot season (April – June).
- The average high temperatures from Oct-March are a tropical 80-90F, and air-conditioning and/or ceiling fans are standard in our lodging.
- As part of your team fee, we give you tips and information on how to stay healthy. We also provide you with good, clean food and water during the trip.
- We can give you recommendations for immunizations that you should consider, but ultimately you will need to consult your doctor as to what is best for you. (Immunizations are not part of the team fee).
- As part of your application, we ask you for your health history and current conditions, so we can give you advice on how your experience can be safe and trouble free.