India Partners works alongside a broad group of indigenous Christian grassroots agencies in India focused on alleviating poverty and injustice. We believe in helping the people of India help themselves, with God's grace. Our partner organizations in India serve all regardless of caste, religion, gender or creed.
India Partners helps through project support, training local leaders, disaster relief and education. India Partners also manages volunteer teams, speakers and sponsorship programs.
An India rich in hope, justice and the compassion of Christ.
Partnering with the people of India in ministry by cultivating relationships, sharing resources, and encouraging self-sufficiency through the compassion and wisdom of Jesus Christ.
Partnerships, Children/women, Self-sufficiency, Ministry/sharing Jesus, Disaster relief and Medical/health.
1. We are Christ-centered: as followers of Jesus Christ, we are motivated to act from our faith, because of His love for us. 1 John 4:19. We do this work out of our love and service to Him. Everything we do is prayerful and purposeful, offering every good thing up to Him. Desiring to have the mind of Christ - and to live as He did - drives all of our efforts.
2. We are compassionate: compassion moved Jesus to help those in need, and so we too are motivated to act, to bring help, and share hope. Compassion motivates us to action as it did Jesus. Matthew 9:36, Matthew 25:35-40.The plight of the poorest moves our hearts and moves us to action, while also respecting their dignity. Micah 6:8. Ideally, our compassion is guided by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit, so that we encourage lasting self-sufficiency in those we help. We pray for the miraculous paradox of being self sufficient, and yet also being dependent on God.
3. We are partners: the staff of India Partners, the Board of Directors, the indigenous field leaders, the donors, the project beneficiaries, foundations, churches, and prayer supporters. We do not presume to know all the answers to the many problems those in India face, but we can work alongside them as partners to help seek the answers together. Even the poor and outcast have something to teach. We can compliment each other’s efforts for a multiplying effect. 1 Peter 4:10. We take up the causes and needs of our friends in India as our own. Working together we utilize the entire body of Christ and therefore access all of the gifts of God and accomplish more than we could alone. We work together in common calling to serve Christ. 1 Cor 12:27.
4. We are ethical stewards: As people of faith, we believe we own nothing on this earth, but are only stewards for while we are here. We also believe that we will be held accountable to God for all that we do and all that is entrusted to our care. Romans 14:12. We seek accountability and transparency in our work and finances. Hebrews 4:13. Biblical principles and respect for our donors and partners motivate us to have integrity in all we do. We are donor funded and we have a responsibility to be good stewards of what is donated for the work. 1 Cor 4:1-5. We recognize that these are funds given to help those in need, they are not our funds.
5. We value relationships: We value the lives of all in India regardless of their caste or faith and seek to treat them with the dignity their humanity deserves. Just as God desires a personal relationship with us, we also seek to truly know those we serve. Mark 12:28-31. Our loving relationship with Jesus serves as the foundation for our relationship with others. We work to love our neighbor as our self.
6. We value community: The entire world is a community and we are all a part of it. Working together as a community is more beneficial than trying to do everything by ourselves. Hebrews 10:24-25. We work hard not to impose western/foreign ideals into a community’s culture. Community includes all people regardless of faith, gender, caste or creed. We value positive, healthy communities that include families, schools, churches, villages, towns, and cities as well as virtual communities. Acts 2: 42-47.